Which are your favorites and why?
Click on any picture to see the listing in my Zibbet shop!
Just another WordPress.com weblog
Inspiration: I stole my mom’s apron far too often and decided that I needed to make myself one!
Materials: Fabric from the stash (bequeathed to me by my neighbor when she passed away), packaged bias tape, and the S&S Edwardian apron pattern.
Construction: My mom complained of the neckline being too high on her apron, especially when wearing a collared shirt. I much prefer the scooped neckline shown in the pattern picture anyway (I’m not sure why the pattern’s is higher) so I cut it down. I also made the “back belt” piece smaller because the apron was a little large. This allowed it to be tied just a bit tighter around the waist. As before, I hemmed the top edge of the “back belt” piece rather that binding that inside corner. I cut the back ties out of scraps without the pattern, so I believe they are a bit longer and narrower than the pattern’s.
I must point out the pockets–I matched the print! I know, big deal… but it was to me.
Inspiration: A client! A friend of my mom purchased a dress form me last year out of the floral fabric. I told her I had more of it, and we decided to make these dresses for her daughters.
Materials: lightwieght denim~the floral print was given to me and the blue is from Joann’s (it’s a really great fabric–100% cotton, extra wide, hardly fades even with many washings and doesn’t shrink at all) Sense and Sensibility Girls’ Regency dress, buttons and cotton muslin lining
Construction: I have played with this pattern a lot, and this is my favorite way to make it. It’s very fast and flattering. Basically, I take off the sleeves and make a half-circle skirt. I also added the patch pockets. The dresses close in the back with buttons, and the bodices are lined with cotton muslin (like the original pattern).
Inspiration: I love the look of the Sense and Sensibility Edwardian apron pattern, so when Mrs. Chancey gave me a free e-pattern for advertising them, I immediately decided to get this one.
Materials: Fabric from the stash (bequeathed to me by my neighbor when she passed away), prepackaged bias tape, and the S&S pattern.
Construction: I basically followed the directions on this one, except that I changed the way the back was done. Being scared off by having to bind an inside corner, I decided to hem the “back belt piece” which made the construction much easier. The detail picture shows better than I could explain.