Inspiration: I stole my mom’s apron far too often and decided that I needed to make myself one!
Materials: Fabric from the stash (bequeathed to me by my neighbor when she passed away), packaged bias tape, and the S&S Edwardian apron pattern.
Construction: My mom complained of the neckline being too high on her apron, especially when wearing a collared shirt. I much prefer the scooped neckline shown in the pattern picture anyway (I’m not sure why the pattern’s is higher) so I cut it down. I also made the “back belt” piece smaller because the apron was a little large. This allowed it to be tied just a bit tighter around the waist. As before, I hemmed the top edge of the “back belt” piece rather that binding that inside corner. I cut the back ties out of scraps without the pattern, so I believe they are a bit longer and narrower than the pattern’s.
I must point out the pockets–I matched the print! I know, big deal… but it was to me.
Inspiration: I love the look of the Sense and Sensibility Edwardian apron pattern, so when Mrs. Chancey gave me a free e-pattern for advertising them, I immediately decided to get this one.
Materials: Fabric from the stash (bequeathed to me by my neighbor when she passed away), prepackaged bias tape, and the S&S pattern.
Construction: I basically followed the directions on this one, except that I changed the way the back was done. Being scared off by having to bind an inside corner, I decided to hem the “back belt piece” which made the construction much easier. The detail picture shows better than I could explain.