My Edwardian Apron

Inspiration: I stole my mom’s apron far too often and decided that I needed to make myself one!
Materials: Fabric from the stash (bequeathed to me by my neighbor when she passed away), packaged bias tape, and the S&S Edwardian apron pattern.
Construction: My mom complained of the neckline being too high on her apron, especially when wearing a collared shirt. I much prefer the scooped neckline shown in the pattern picture anyway (I’m not sure why the pattern’s is higher) so I cut it down. I also made the “back belt” piece smaller because the apron was a little large. This allowed it to be tied just a bit tighter around the waist. As before, I hemmed the top edge of the “back belt” piece rather that binding that inside corner. I cut the back ties out of scraps without the pattern, so I believe they are a bit longer and narrower than the pattern’s.
I must point out the pockets–I matched the print! I know, big deal… but it was to me.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: